Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bluebell and Bluebonnets

It's Spring Break! We were able to take a day trip to Brenham, TX with the Pratt cousins and Chelsea to visit the Bluebell Creamery, home of the best ice cream on earth. We went on a tour to see how they make it and then we each got to choose and eat a sweet, cold scoop. Here are photos on the grounds after our tour.



The Texas state flower, the Bluebonnet, is out in full bloom along the highways, so we stopped - as is the custom, to get some family photos among the flowers. They are such a beautiful color!! Our little trip really got us in the mood for springtime..














3 comments:

Melanie Engen said...

So, if you remember, I went on my mission to Fort Worth. I LOVE LOVE Bluebell ice-cream. I miss it. My husband went there on a business trip and I was trying to convince him to bring some back with him. :)

megan said...

What a fun day! And the spring weather looks so nice! And you all look so cute - I am glad you are all heading up here this summer so we can see you! And cute blog by the way!

megan said...

p.s. Emme looks like she's really enjoying milking that cow!